New Hospital Medicine CAQ Qbank, Perfect for PA-Cs
The Hospital Medicine CAQ Qbank is best suited for PA-Cs looking to earn a Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) in Hospital Medicine to show your advanced expertise in your specialty.
According to the NCCPA, CAQ recipients seeking the following benefits have really reaped reward for their achievement:
- Over 75% found or anticipate finding a new job
- Over 40% successfully sought a promotion
- 60% achieved or expect to increase their job responsibilities
- Over 50% received or anticipate receiving a pay increase, and 33% received a cash bonus
- Over 75% found the CAQ useful in documenting qualifications required for external accreditation
- Over 33% achieved or anticipate a broadening of their eligibility for reimbursement
- Almost 75% have received greater recognition or regard from physicians or other health care professionals
- 66% reported greater respect or acceptance from patients
The Hospital Medicine Specialty Exam (Taken from NCCPA website)
Once PAs have satisfied other requirements for the Hospital Medicine CAQ, they can apply for the Hospital Medicine Specialty Exam — 120 multiple-choice questions related to hospital medicine targeted for PAs with experience in the practice of that specialty. It will be based on the Content Blueprint, developed using data gathered during the 2012 PA Practice Analysis conducted by NCCPA.
Maintaining the Hospital Medicine CAQ (Taken from NCCPA website)
The Hospital Medicine CAQ awarded to successful candidates will be valid for ten years. To maintain the CAQ beyond that timeframe, PAs must continue to meet the same PA-C and licensure requirements required of those seeking the CAQ for the first time, pass the Hospital Medicine Specialty Exam before the expiration of the current CAQ, and — during the ten-year CAQ cycle — earn and log at least 125 credits of Category 1 CME focused on the specialty. Those CME credits may also be used to satisfy the CME requirement for maintenance of the PA-C credential.
The Hospital Medicine CAQ joins Rosh Review’s other CAQ Qbanks including Emergency Medicine CAQ and Pediatrics CAQ. In addition, 100 AMA PRA Category 1 CE credits can be earned by completing the Qbank.