Rapid Review: Scabies
- Patient will be complaining of severe pruritus that is worse at night
- PE will show small papules, vesicles and burrows in the webbed spaces of the fingers and toes
- Diagnosis is made by microscopic visualization
- Most commonly caused by Sarcoptes scabiei hominis
- Treatment is permethrin 5%
A 15-year-old boy presents with an itchy rash on his hands and wrists. Several of his family members have similar symptoms. Physical examination reveals papules and excoriations on his fingers and hands, particularly in the web spaces of his digits as shown above. Which of the following physical exam findings would be most consistent with the suspected diagnosis?