How Will the ABEM Exam Blueprint Updates Impact Your Certification Exam?
In July 2019, ABEM modified their exam blueprint to reflect the revised EM Model. These changes are going into effect for fall 2020 exams. How does this affect you? The Rosh Review EM Qbank reflects these changes, so you can prepare with confidence.
Which categories INCREASED on the ABEM exam blueprint?
- Signs, symptoms, & presentations: Now 10% (was 9%)
- Cutaneous disorders: Now 3% (was 1%)
- Endocrine, metabolic & nutritional disorders: Now 5% (was 2%)
- Hematologic disorders: Now 3% (was 2%)
- Systemic infectious disorders: Now 7% (was 5%)
- Nervous system disorders: Now 6% (was 5%)
Which categories DECREASED on the ABEM exam blueprint?
- Abdominal & gastrointestinal disorders: Now 7% (was 8%)
- Environmental disorders: Now 2% (was 3%)
- HEENT disorders: Now 4% (was 5%)
- Obstetrics & gynecology: Now 3% (was 4%)
- Psychobehavioral disorders: Now 2% (was 4%)
- Thoracic-respiratory disorders: Now 7% (was 8%)
- Toxicologic disorders: Now 4% (was 5%)
- Traumatic disorders: Now 9% (was 10%)
- Other core competencies of the practice of EM: Now 2% (was 3%)
Which categories stayed the same on the ABEM exam blueprint?
- Cardiovascular disorders: 10%
- Musculoskeletal disorders (nontraumatic): 3%
- Renal and urogenital disorders: 3%
- Procedures & skills integral to the practice of EM: 8%
Work hard, and always have a sense of mission about your work.
The Rosh Review team