Today’s Essential Teaching Image: Cardiac Tamponade
Sign Up for Free Qbank Access Get Free Access
Today’s teaching image and Rapid Review covers cardiac tamponade.
- Patient will be complaining of dyspnea and chest pain
- PE will show muffled heart sounds, JVD and hypotension (Beck’s triad), pulsus paradoxus
- ECG will show low voltage QRS, electrical alterans
- Echocardiography will show diastolic collapse of RV
- Treatment is pericardiocentesis
For more teaching images, try a free trial of our board review qbanks.