Introducing the First Qbank for Lifelong PA Learners
Ben Franklin said, “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” As a PA-C, now is the time to invest in yourself—and your future patients—by keeping up to speed in medicine and in your life outside of work.
Introducing Rosh Scholar PA, the first monthly Qbank for your most crucial learning experience yet: the rest of your career.
Among the range of emotions you felt when you graduated from PA school, the question “Now what?” may have risen as well.
You’ve dedicated much of the last few years to becoming a PA-C, and now that you’re here, you might be wondering how to maintain your precious knowledge base while transitioning into your own practice—oh, and have a life outside of medicine, too.
Rosh Scholar PA is a monthly Qbank subscription designed specifically for lifelong PA learners. Rosh Scholar works similarly to a digital “book-of-the-month” club: you’ll get new questions in your Qbank account each month to support your continuing education as a PA-C, ranging from core medicine content to personal finance and wellness. You’ll also receive CME credits for each year as a Rosh Scholar.
Who is a Rosh Scholar?
You’ll get the most out of Rosh Scholar PA if you resonate with these statements:
- I’m a lifelong learner: I recognize the importance of ongoing learning in medicine and value self-development in my personal life.
- I’m a PA-C who wants to maintain my knowledge base from PA school without the stress of exam scores.
- I want to be responsible to my patients by staying informed about new research.
- I want to provide better care and improve my practice by learning how to show up professionally, reduce my risk of malpractice, and hone my clinical skills.
- I want to improve my general quality of life by learning about personal finance, work-life balance, mental wellness, and other important skills that I wasn’t able to master during PA school.
How does Rosh Scholar work?
On the first day of each month, your Qbank account will autopopulate with 25 new questions each month covering a range of topics. These questions will function just like any Rosh Review Qbank with multiple-choice questions, detailed explanations, images, and hyperlinked references.
Since Rosh Scholar counts as continuing education, you’ll also receive 50 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits each year, downloadable right from your account!
What kind of content is featured in Rosh Scholar PA?
Lifelong learning isn’t just about your career in medicine—it’s also about helping you thrive as a person. Each monthly module contains questions from a range of subjects including medical knowledge, on-the-job knowledge, and life knowledge.
Medical knowledge: refresh your knowledge from PA school while keeping up to date on new research.
- Core content (review bread and butter topics based on NCCPA’s content blueprint)
- New advances (stay informed about changes in practice that impact you and your patients)
- Journal club (stay current with practice-changing articles)
- Specialty-specific updates (general practice, surgery subspecialties and internal medicine)
- Pharmacology (stay up to date about new drugs and indications)
- Procedures (solidify the old ways and stay up to date on the new ways)
Example question: Core content
A 69-year-old woman with a history of osteoarthritis, cataracts, hypercholesterolemia, and fibromyalgia presents to the ED with blurry vision and redness in her left eye. She is 3 days out from a cataract extraction. Her vital signs are within normal limits. Gross inspection of her eye is shown above. Her extraocular movements are intact, there is no proptosis, and her visual acuity is 20/70 OS, 20/20 OD. What is the most likely diagnosis?
A. Anterior uveitis
B. Bacterial conjunctivitis
D. Postseptal cellulitis
On-the-job knowledge: learn clinical, administrative, and practical skills to jumpstart you into a career as a PA-C—and everything that comes with it—that you would otherwise learn on the job.
- PA career advancement (learn about career advancement and transitions)
- Law and medicine (learn behaviors that are associated with decreased lawsuits)
- Doorway diagnosis (make the diagnosis with a simple glance)
- Name that rash (distinguish the most common rashes seen in the practice setting)
- ECG interpretation (review common and uncommon rhythms, heart blocks, and STEMI presentations)
- Radiology (fine-tuned radiographic interpretation of plain films and CT scans)
- Ultrasound (basic and advanced ultrasound skill review)
Example question: Law and medicine
You are on shift in the ED and a patient with handcuffs is escorted by police officers into one of the bays. The officers state that during a strip search, they witnessed the patient remove rocks of crack cocaine hidden in the patient’s rectum, place the crack rocks in his mouth, and then swallow them. The officers tell you that they would like the patient’s stomach pumped. The patient states that under no circumstances does he want his stomach pumped. The officers insist you comply or they will arrest you for obstruction of justice. The patient is profoundly hypertensive, has a heart rate in the 150s, and is diaphoretic and agitated. How would you proceed?
A. Call hospital CEO
B. Call the chief of police
C. Call your lawyer
D. Restrain patient and proceed to pump his stomach
Life knowledge: get up to speed on the areas of life where you may need extra support.
- Personal finance (basic and advanced finance to help you reach your financial goals)
- Retirement (introduction to 401K, Roth IRA, and retirement plans)
- Mental wellness (stay mentally balanced throughout your career in medicine)
- Fitness (exercise tips and routines to keep yourself physically fit)
- Nutrition (keep your body nourished and healthy with dietary tips and recommendations)
Example question: Retirement plans
Which of the following is a tax-exempt retirement account?
B. Roth IRA
C. Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) IRA
D. Traditional IRA
How do I become a Rosh Scholar?
You can start your lifelong learning journey and become a Rosh Scholar at any time during your career in medicine. Learn more about Rosh Scholar PA and cancel anytime.
Get Free Access and Join Thousands of Happy Learners
Get a little more clarification
- Complete either all the questions or 1,000 questions in your Qbank (depending on your package)
- Go to the Account Settings tab (only on desktop/laptop)
- Select Claim next to the subscription package name (see an example)
- Complete the survey
- Download your certificate