Question 9 of 10

A new noninvasive test for antenatally detecting a specific gene variant predisposing the newborn to respiratory distress syndrome is marketed. Its sensitivity is 80%, and its specificity is 60%. The probability of a fetus carrying this specific gene variant is 40%. What is the positive predictive value of this test?

A 0.4
D 2

Free Trial

Want a few more questions? Get free access to the CREOG Qbank. No credit card required.

Full Access

Looking for an all-access pass? Get full access to over 2,000 CREOG-formatted questions in the CREOG Qbank.

Powerful Content
Free For You

Take advantage of study tips and strategies to guide you along the road to certification.